Thursday, September 30, 2010

What's Going On?

I can't believe it's the end of September. And it's been four weeks since I've written anything here. While I do try to write once a week, sometimes it gets pushed to the bottom of the list. And before I know it, a month has gone by!

What have I been up to?

Lots of meetings.

In the middle of the month the entire Church Center Program Group spent two days together here in New York for an In House. It gave us a chance to see each other face to face, especially those whose offices are in other parts of the country. It also gave us the opportunity to meet around projects that involve staff members from different teams. I'm now involved in a couple of projects that I'm really excited about. I'll tell you more as things unfold.

The Formation and Vocation Ministries team spent the day after the In House having our own retreat and meeting.

That was followed by a two day meeting where Ruth-Ann Collins (Adult Formation and Lifelong Learning), Bronwyn Skov (Youth Ministries), and I (Children's Ministries) met with representatives of various Christian Formation and Education organizations. We had lots of good conversations and look forward to closer collaborations in the future.

Oh. And Lesson Plans.

The process of getting the first Old Testament plans for Year A written, edited, and posted on the web site has been like any remodeling or construction job. It's taking half again as much time as I planned. I've been working out the glitches, and the plans for Advent and Christmas should be posted shortly.

I've also been talking to a variety of folks to seek out writers for future sets of plans. This is a three year process. I'll keep you posted.
Sabbath time? Yes, I did actually take a whole weekend.

A group of us took over a retreat center in Northeastern Connecticut for two days to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. We had a lot of time, and I returned to work ready to get back to the variety of projects on my desk.

What's going on in your world?

No comments: