Thursday, May 13, 2010

24 Things

Yesterday Tim posted 24 Things I've Learned About children's Ministry from "24" on his Kidservants Log.
With the television series 24 coming to an end, I started to have a little fun with some of the plot devices, themes, and "quirks" of the show. Although other authors, speakers, and bloggers have tackled spiritual principles from 24, I thought I would find some applications to the world of children's ministry.

And before you write me, yes, some of the points are a bit of a stretch. Okay, some of them are huge elastic tethers of credulity! But I figure if Jack Bauer isn't dead or in SuperMax prison by now, I can get a little leeway for my nuggets of wisdom.
Most of his 24 Things are things we've already read, heard, or been taught. However, we Christian Education/Formation folks tend to forget some of them (like #5: Rest), so reinforcement isn't a bad thing, especially when done with some thoughtfulness and humor. Go read and enjoy.

No comments: